5.09.2011

creeping closer.

MY BEST FRIEND IS A COVERGIRL.
How sweet is that?
I miss her.

The previous two summers, I have had roughly two weeks between moving home from Clemson and packing up and heading up to camp. This year, however, Clemson shifted our semester a week forward, leaving me with only three full days in Lexington. In actuality, I have a full week, but I am choosing to cut it shorter due to graduations and spending some time in Clemson and Toccoa, but I am realizing how hectic of a week I have set myself up for. I might lose my mind.

Exactly one week from now, I will be sitting in the Coop, either listening to Brody speak or mingling with the people who will quickly become like a family before the summer ends. I am fighting to find excitement for it. That's not really strange for me, just because I am never really a fan of change, and would always be more content to stay in the current chapter instead of jumping forward. I am not doubting my call to be at Snowbird this summer; I am confident in where I am supposed to be. I'm not having second thoughts. I know there are plenty of people well-deserving of the spot on staff that I have, and I wouldn't selfishly keep a spot if I didn't want it.

I know that if you ask me a month from now, I will be loving every second of it, and will fill nearly every conversation with camp stories. But right now, I am still associating the beginning of camp with the uncomfortable number of goodbyes I will have to say in the preceding days, and right now, I would be content with that time never coming.

I am fighting to want the week between now and camp to speed up.

2 comments:

  1. My father's been telling his friends I'm the centerfold.

    Yeah.

    I do miss you too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i always love reading your blog and i finally caught up! I understand your feelings about change, I kinda feel the same way, transitions always seem to be tough even if you know that after it, the new stuff, has got to be better than the last! Anyway, I hope this week goes well even if it is crazy and hard! And Rachel, i don't know you, but you do look absolutely lovely as a covergirl!! and i hope you have safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete