1.29.2011

bring it on, spring 2011

‎"Wait on the Lord" is a constant refrain in the Psalms, and it is a necessary word, for God often keeps us waiting. He is not in such a hurry as we are, and it is not his way to give more light on the future than we need for action in the present, or to guide us more than one step at a time. When in doubt, do nothing, but continue to wait on God. When action is needed, light will come." - J.I. Packer

I currently feel like I am drinking out of a fire hydrant as far as life goes. This has been potentially the most ridiculous week of my life - (ridiculous enough to be blog-worthy). I have a lot on my mind. Lots of decisions to make - including both the immediate, the long term, and the even longer term - and lots of worries that I really shouldn't be worried about because I serve a God who has proven Himself faithful over and over again. I think this week I've been a position, maybe even for the first time in my life, where I have had no other choice but to trust God - situations that were completely out of control and all transpiring at the same time. I learn a lot when I am stretched in ways that I don't particularly appreciate being stretched.

This week, I have learned that I am capable of making decisions that require complete faith that the outcome will be worth it, despite what it takes to get there. I have been reminded that God is always, always, always going to provide, even if I have to break a sweat while waiting rather impatiently. I have been reminded how much i miss Rachel Eckard, currently spending the semester in South Asia. I've learned the at the best part of waking up really IS Folgers in your cup - thank you Junior II.

I've been reminded that above everything else, God is in control, and I am not, and I am immeasurably thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete