10.07.2010

actions

I have realized that Elizabeth Hughes is a very wise person. I am also blogging because she has threatened vandalism of my photos, and I prefer to avoid that. Also, I have a difficult time paying attention in Patho and so I need to do something to pass the time other than the traditional rotation of facebooking and tetris.

Nursing... is hard. I'm glad to some extent, because I like being challenged. However, I also like sleep and a social life, both of which nursing school is attempting to squelch out of my life. I've learned a lot about prioritizing, which I thought was a struggle I had mastered last year. But I think the level of business I'm muddling through this semester is teaching me a lot about what is important to me. I say that about every semester, but every semester the need to manage my time increases.

A friend of mine shared this verse with me this morning, and while applicable [side note: my inability to say the word applicable is improving] to the specific situation we were talking about, i think it really speaks to a broader area.
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:18)

Actions speak louder than words, and I'm noticing that not only by the actions of other people, but also in how i interact with others. I need to mean things when I say them. Instead of just saying that I care about people, actually taking the time to support my words by my actions. Especially when I'm struggling to make time for everything i HAVE to do, it's so easy to tell people that I love them and I care about them, but what good is that when I don't actually take the time to back it up.
It's not.
Any maybe I don't do a good job of putting this concept into practice, but I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment